Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Stuck at home

Today I cleaned the bathroom and made a kale and garbanzo bean soup-thing which I am currently eating, and that's about it.

And for some reason I took another Lying Down photo in almost the exact same position as yesterday's.

I'd like to say that this has a profound concept behind it, but I was just experimenting with the small kitchen we have downstairs. It's an interesting space because it's sort of disgusting and grimy, so I'm going to be shooting there frequently. I took the image below in the same spot earlier this year, on a whim–

The hands are mine, dawg.

I think I was angry about something when I got the idea for this, but I have no idea what. This goes along with a series of inevitable self-death images that I've been taking this year in various styles, film and digital, stemming from Acute Teen Angst. The SUPER FUN part of self portraiture is figuring out how to focus on the spot that your body will be. Usually I place an object in the frame as a stand-in and use autofocus, but the autofocus on my camera isn't very accurate anymore and I have no idea why. Maybe I will buy myself a new camera with the money I am earning this summer with my actual job. 

I'm not sure what to write about but I'll figure it out eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment